FUKEPAIKE: Is it possible to 'shut down' instincts?

Monday, February 04, 2008

Is it possible to 'shut down' instincts?

Hmm... I experimented with this idea of not responding to a stimulus. Of course not in a dangerous way where I ignore on-coming traffic or hazardous stuff.

The stimulus I am dealing with is more of a subtle yet extremely poweful kind - THOUGHTS. It is natural for us to link one thought to the other if they can really go hand in hand, and if they are part 1 and 2 of something, ie: the 2 thoughts should not be separated at all, thinking of one would almost definitely lead to thinking of the other.

Here is an example of a proper/normal chain of reaction/thoughts:
1. If your mother does not return home after dark,
2. the next thing you will think of is her safety,
3. the next reaction would be calling her mobile phone.
4. Call her until she picks up the phone...

I tried to severe the link. Eg:
1. It is getting late, Mum has not return.
2. No action/thought
3. No action/thought
4. No action/thought...
ie: The train of thoughts/reaction stops at the point where you know the fact that Mum has not reached home.

Tell me, is it possible?

Perhaps we can add a little spice to the situation...

Here is a possibility of what can happen:
1. It is getting late, Mum has not return.
2. Then I go and watch a Channel 8 drama series.
3. Thinking of the dress style for Chinese New Year.
4. Open MSN and start chatting.

We can keep our minds busy, overload it with things we want to do, good things we want to think of etc. What happens to the trigger incident? Can we still consider the 1st event a 'trigger'?

For a few days, I tried to sway some of my thoughts in a very weird way. A thought that desperately required a reaction is blocked by my will. The mind has somehow created a barrier that forbides the forceful intrusion of a reaction/thought to be registered to the place where all signals are sent (not too sure what is it called, command HQ?) There seems to be a chemical that breaks the linkages of what seem like a perfect bond between keys and locks.

For once, I thought that I was successful at blocking away reactions coming from thoughts. At times, I thought I can even cripple my self defense mechanism. This is the ultimate already. If you know something can harm you big time, your self defense mechanism should overwrite the whole thinking system and react the way you should and must react.

But guess what, I failed. There will come a time when the thoughts seep through the lines of weakness of the barrier I created and tons of thoughts engulf the command HQ, like gallons of water breaking free from a dam, controlling everything. The floodgates have opened. I followed the chain of thoughts like a toddler follows his Mum so he does not get lost, like an obedient soldier who follows every single order by the officer in fear of getting punished, like the earth following the rotation system around the sun. I was being dominated.

Humans are strange creatures though. Our capacity to reason and think makes us top of the hierarchy of the animal kingdom. But I believe this is a cursed ability in disguised. Like fire, it can be our master or slave. The ability to think, is likewise.

I think I am drifting. The conclusion is that we can never not react to our instincts. The mind is inherently vulnerable. Some people say we can train our minds to be strong, that is because it is weak! This is a poor argument but please let me make my point. The fact that you can manipulate the mind to be stronger in the 1st place shows us that the mind is weak and vulnerable. If you can farther strengthen your mental strength, it still shows your mind is weak, because it cannot come to a state of equilibrium for it to remain unchanged. It is easy to topple something if it is not in its equilibrium state and the mind for one, is never in such a state. Of course, the other side of the argument that the mind is weak, is quite self explanatory. Weak minds are controlled by the hearts.

Oh, how about the heart? Is it strong or weak? My brain juice is running low... can't think now.

By the way, once there is no more water coming out of the floodgates, the mind suddenly erects a new barrier, lines of weakness included, as usual. A new resistance against the instincts has just begun. Hmm... I really want to meet my mind in person and ask it "How did you do that?"

-dakepaike-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
浮克拍客
Stiff
达客拍客
麦克拍客(a.k.a MTF)
异客拍客(a.k.a GCube)


We indulge in
泡妞
玩妞
干妞
喝酒


We Love
台妹
辣妹
日本妹
小妹




Fuckers-of=ALL_Realms

We Love All Sorts of Excitement, Join US