FUKEPAIKE: What if the Best is not Enough?

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What if the Best is not Enough?

I should be reading my readings now, but anyway, my mental state is in a whirlwind, so I may as well blog.

Question: What if the best within your ability is still not enough?

You should be terrified at the prospect of facing this kind of question some where, some time in your life.

By trying to the best of your ability, the task must be extremely difficult, the result must be extremely important to you.

Do you actually have a chance to succeed in the 1st place? Most probably no, or you have few chances of succeeding. But obviously, it must mean a lot to you so that despite knowing the chances of success is slim, you went for it.

The process of 'fighting' can be long or short but needless to say, tough and painful. We will squeeze out everything we can, hoping in vain that our efforts will be paid off. We will be mentally drained, emotionally unstable, physically tired. There will be a time (if the task is a long one) that we think "Maybe I should just give up". But you will also be thinking "No, it is too precious for me to give up" or "I've come this far, I cannot give up".

Now, when the results are out, they do not favour you. That is the time when the skies have fallen down on you. That is the time when when tears fill your eyes. That is the time when you don't have the strength to stand at all. That is the time when you know the end is near. That is the time you would reflect back and think "Is it all worthwhile?"

Then you may think "Why should I put in so much effort in the 1st place?" It is because the thing means so much to you, so much that you have to give it your 100%, nothing less than that will do, giving less that that makes you feel insecure.

Oh, again, I do not know how to continue. For those who read this, I have no advice if you are facing a similar problem because it has no solutions.

-Dakepaike-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
浮克拍客
Stiff
达客拍客
麦克拍客(a.k.a MTF)
异客拍客(a.k.a GCube)


We indulge in
泡妞
玩妞
干妞
喝酒


We Love
台妹
辣妹
日本妹
小妹




Fuckers-of=ALL_Realms

We Love All Sorts of Excitement, Join US