FUKEPAIKE: Today Marks the Last Day of Praying

Friday, April 11, 2008

Today Marks the Last Day of Praying

For 1 full month, I have prayed incessantly. It has been a tiring month. But if there is a need to pray any longer, I am more than willing to do so.

My reflections:

When I first started this routine, I was very emotional. Every step toward the temple felt so heavy. To say the truth, I seldom pray and now I am determined to pray everyday. It is kind of new feeling, I would not say it feels weird, but it just feels so different.

The 1st few days were difficult. When I was praying, I said everything in my mind. And this is quite a task to take. I don't know why but the mind tends to drift somewhere else, not because I am not concentrating or I am taking this lightly. It is just that the mind always flashes painful memories and it breaks my chain of thoughts and what I want to say.

My prayers were intermittent, sometimes pausing for quite a while to get my concentration back. But after a few days, I thought I learnt the trick to pray better - whisper your prayers out. I saw some aunties saying their prayers out softly and the speed at which their lips were moving was incredible, seemed like that have said a lot in a very short time. So I decided to give it a try and yes, it worked... I was not interrupted by the mind.

So for the subsequent weeks, I went to pray everyday. My footsteps got faster (sometimes I have to rush to school or rush home). But something never changed - the reason why I am praying.

Emotions changed as the circumstances changed. Sometimes my mind suddenly lost all its defense, I felt so weak kneeling and praying, I thought about so many things that I cried. Other times, I felt I have to be strong and brave and determined. But all the time, I was serious and solemn.

I felt bad about myself as initially, I questioned the effects of praying. But just days into praying, I knew I had to have faith. I really hope my sincerity and good intentions are enough for me to be deemed worth helping because I am not praying for myself.

I prayed particularly long today, from the bottom of my heart, I really do hope everything turns out to be fine.

-dakepaike-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
浮克拍客
Stiff
达客拍客
麦克拍客(a.k.a MTF)
异客拍客(a.k.a GCube)


We indulge in
泡妞
玩妞
干妞
喝酒


We Love
台妹
辣妹
日本妹
小妹




Fuckers-of=ALL_Realms

We Love All Sorts of Excitement, Join US