FUKEPAIKE: It has been a hell of a week...

Saturday, March 29, 2008

It has been a hell of a week...

Yup, with so many assignments due this week, I thought I was in hell. I was deprived of sleep for most days. Projects, individual assignments, presentations, surprise tests... you name it, I have it.

But this is not the main purpose of this post... This post is to explain some stuff that I said I would explain later.

Week 11's dakepaike's weekly's quote: Determination is not really a positive thing.

Determination is not inherently a positive and good trait to have. I would argue that determination's worth and value is situational based. And the important thing tied to determination is the result or outcome and in particular, the consequences of the outcome.

Sounds abstract? Let me cite examples.

You set off to do something. You know that determination is to some extent, required because you know this is no easy task. OK, and you know that failure to achieve the desired outcome will have serious implications to your well-being, be it physically, mentally, emotionally, financially blah blah...

What have you got to do now? Be focused and determined and hope you can avoid the serious consequences. You think determination can help you. I agree that in the process of doing something, determination really helps psychologically, you will be absolutely driven...

But determination here has already shown a weakness. Because it is tied to avoiding a serious consequence or a tragedy. If you are so determined, you work your socks off, you squeeze your brain dry, you exhaust yourself out, you do every single damn thing within your ability, even attempting to do something out of your ability, but in the end, if nothing good comes out of it, it is very likely you can just breakdown.

Suddenly, you question yourself "Why did I fail? I have never been so determined in my life before. I have never feared something so much in my life before. If I was less determined, I may not feel so bad at all, but even after I tried my very ultimate best, I still fail..."

You suddenly feel so sick of determination. Why do you tired yourself out? The more determined I am the more sickening I feel about myself and the whole concept of "天下无难事,只怕有心人” I think this is just a phrase that encourages people to be determined but hide from them the cruel reality of life.

The harder you try, the harder you fall. And not only that, you face your worst nightmare after getting yourself so tired... 祸不单行...

So, do I think still think that determination is good trait to have? No... not really. Though I do not believe in it now, I still do it. I don't know why. My mind says it is bad, but my heart says it is good.

-dakepaike-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
浮克拍客
Stiff
达客拍客
麦克拍客(a.k.a MTF)
异客拍客(a.k.a GCube)


We indulge in
泡妞
玩妞
干妞
喝酒


We Love
台妹
辣妹
日本妹
小妹




Fuckers-of=ALL_Realms

We Love All Sorts of Excitement, Join US