FUKEPAIKE: Ridiculous but Amazing Hazard

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ridiculous but Amazing Hazard

If you happen to be at the bus stop just outside vivocity in the past, you may notice that there was a small box protruding out of the concrete ground just beside the bus stop.

This was how the thing (or what I call a ridiculous hazard) looked like:



Why is it ridiculous?
Haha... Why would something like this go unnoticed by the people who build the pavement? Or do they simply do not care?

Why is it a hazard?
Anyone chasing for the bus may not notice this thing protruding, trip and fall with their face landing straight on the rough concrete ground. It also poses danger to some less alert people on their way to throw rubbish into the bin.

Why then is it amazing?
I'm sure hundreds of people over a long period of time since the use of this bus stop have seen this small little treachrous box but thought of it to be harmless. Or they just simply think that 'hmm... why is there a small box protuding out of the ground full stop'
This makes me wonder if Singaporeans are 'civic minded' enough (is this the word to use?). Or at least have an instinct of sensing out danger, an initiative of reporting or try to do something about hazards.

Anyway, I think I am also not doing the right thing too as I have seen this thing months ago but did nothing and I do not know why. It is strange isn't it? Sometimes we notice something but we cannot register it into another component of our brain that tells us what we should be doing next. There was once when I was on the NEL train. The train was quite packed and no empty seats were available. Then this pregnant lady came in with her friend and I thought to myself 'Oh ya, a pregnant lady.' That's all... it was until the doors open at one of the stations and I saw her get out of the train then I realised I should have given up my seat to her. Damn!

I emailed to the vivocity management and explained to them the potential hazards of this small unmovable box, blah blah blah and how it may affect their business if someone's hurt because of that. (I thought this would make them take up the case and in turn give me some shopping vouchers as reward, hahaha...)

I'm glad they replied and said the pavement is under LTA's area of charge and they have contacted LTA. Meanwhile, they shifted the rubbish bin next to the box.



The next day, the bin was moved back to it original position, I guessed by the road sweeper...

But I really have to praise vivocity and LTA for their quick responses. A few days later, action was taken to get the thing removed.



And tah-da!


I hope anyone who read this 'article' can become more 'kay poh' in matters that we should be 'kay poh' - anything for the benefit and safety of people. Yeah!

- 达客拍客

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
浮克拍客
Stiff
达客拍客
麦克拍客(a.k.a MTF)
异客拍客(a.k.a GCube)


We indulge in
泡妞
玩妞
干妞
喝酒


We Love
台妹
辣妹
日本妹
小妹




Fuckers-of=ALL_Realms

We Love All Sorts of Excitement, Join US