FUKEPAIKE: File 5 @ IMRE: "Travelling Weirdness"

Friday, June 19, 2009

File 5 @ IMRE: "Travelling Weirdness"

This would be my final installation of my experience at IMRE, or at least for my internship. (Because I’m going back there for my FYP.) I’ll be talking about going to work and coming back home. Weird topic to end off.

Travelling to IMRE, I’d have to take a train to Habourfront then take buses to IMRE. Most of these buses were double decked. I didn’t know about other people, but I do have a special feeling about those seats right in front of the second deck. Some people like them, some people not really. For me, it was neither, I only seat them when I feel like it, mostly only when I was feeling exceptionally happy or exceptionally unhappy. It doesn’t matter whether you see grey, dull construction, or lush, vibrant greenery. It was probably the 270-degree vantage view you can have that made you feel calm. Or it could be the highest and the foremost seat that made one slightly the king of the world, the captain of the seas, etc. This greatness feel is something one could never reject.

I didn’t know when it started. But I start to see advertisements on the front of those buses on the second deck. Those adverts were plastered all over the front and side windows, blocking off external light and added gloom to the interior. I was just… sian. One of those little things that made my life slightly more interesting has been cut off from me. The vantage view that made me superior, the openness that is so absent from this concrete jungle, has been brutally extracted. (Nope, I still support commercialization.)

It is a weird thing to comment on but this has somewhat been a small thorn stuck inside my throat.

The time to knock off has given me some pressures throughout my internship. My boss does not care what time I go off, as he only demands results. Hence, I have this freedom to abuse. My counterparts, however, did not have this privilege. The eagerness to knock off never change, but the guilt to leave early does increase over time. I laugh it off most of the time, but would show some team camaraderie occasionally.

It is weird that when the bulk of people that joined as interns as me left (NTU people have 22 weeks, we have 24.), this “guilt” vaporizes instantly. It seemed weird that I who thought I wasn’t bothered about what other people think would be this affected by such trivialities.

Talking about weirdness, my boss left me high and dry at the last 4 weeks of my internship. He told me he was leaving for France for a conference then go for a 3 week long holiday around Europe on my last weeks. That means I had to rush my reports and do all my admin stuff just before he leaves. If not, I’ll be stuck in mid air. Thanks, boss!

-异客拍客 Last Day @ IMRE -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
浮克拍客
Stiff
达客拍客
麦克拍客(a.k.a MTF)
异客拍客(a.k.a GCube)


We indulge in
泡妞
玩妞
干妞
喝酒


We Love
台妹
辣妹
日本妹
小妹




Fuckers-of=ALL_Realms

We Love All Sorts of Excitement, Join US