FUKEPAIKE: An Intriguing Brouhaha

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

An Intriguing Brouhaha

This is getting very interesting. Some family matters became a very big issue among some of my relatives.

It all started with numbers and my grandfather’s funeral.

Today, my uncle was sending my grand aunty to the ferry terminal (she is from Tanjong Pinang) after her short stay in Singapore to attend grandpa’s funeral.

“Did you buy the van’s number plate (that carried the casket)?” uncle asked.

“Yes, I asked my nephew to help me buy.” Grand aunty replied.

“How much did you win? Our family side not many of them won, all bought for Wednesday but did not buy for Saturday and Sunday.”

“I bought 1 big. Ah kun (the nephew) said I won $250.”

“What the…” my 3rd uncle was furious.

Because the 4-D number struck 2nd prize. 1 big equals to $1000 dollars. There was no turning back, they have to reach the ferry terminal on time. Grand aunty asked my uncle to get the money back for her and she wanted an explanation.

3rd uncle called my mum to tell the whole family about the incident. My mum is closer to her mother’s side relatives.

In just a few hours, almost everyone knew the incident. Ah Kun the nephew might have ‘eaten’ some money. Some of his brothers and sisters called him and demand an explanation. A sister even wanted to severe ties with him. The father of Ah Kun was quite unhappy too but he doubted the validity of the story.

Then someone called Ah Kun and asked him what happened. Ah Kun told him/her that he helped grand aunty buy 1 big i-bet so she did not win that much.

No one knows how the i-bet works, not even the pay out. My mum asked me to check how the i-bet system works. After some computer games, I checked it out and realized that grand aunty would have won only $41, not $250.

Then why Ah Kun gave her $250? My aunties called him again and questioned him, why would $41 turn into $250? He said he knew grand aunty is quite poor, he has some money so he gave her another $200 plus. $41 sounds a bit too little.

Is this story believable? Ah Kun never gave his father money before and now he gave his aunty $200.

“I even told her I am buying i-bet, which would mean she does not win that much if she really strikes 4-D.” Ah Kun said in defense.

Ah Kun’s father believed the story. Another brother of his believed too but all his sisters think he was lying.

In the discussions, some of my aunties said my grand aunty does not know i-bet, why would Ah Kun tell her he was going to buy i-bet instead of the normal one?

On my grand aunty’s side, she did not know how much she would get if she strikes 1st, 2nd, 3rd or other groups. Another very strange thing – She was staying in Ah Kun’s house and when she wants him to switch on the tele-text to see the winning numbers, Ah Kun acted as if he did not hear her.

Then he only told her she won $250 and gave her the money. I observed something fishy. 1st, he did not let her see if the number actually won, 2nd, he asked her to keep quiet about striking 4-D, 3rd, the starter group, for 1 big, you get $250. Coincidentally, it is the amount for the starter group. Perhaps he wanted to trick my grand aunty that the number came out for the starter group if she insists to know.

Something even more suspicious, after he answered some calls demanding for explanation to this matter, he could not be contacted for a very long time.

Then, in a surprising move, he said he could prove his innocence. He said he would go down to Singapore pools tomorrow and request for the records of him buying the numbers using the i-bet system. He would then show to everyone the records.

Well, this may have been a planned move already. Her sisters are suspecting he bought the i-bet system for himself and the normal one for grand aunty. Who knows the numbers struck 2nd prize and he decided to swoop. He could request for the records and then throw away the normal ticket record and show us the i-bet record. He told everyone he did not buy for Saturday and Sunday, only helped grand aunty buy for the weekend, some more it was i-bet.

Unless someone follows him to Singapore pools tomorrow, no one may know the truth. However, it seems like no one is following him.

I am waiting to see how the story unfolds…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this kind of thing ah. haizz... happens every now and then, cannot avoid one. the involvement of "face" or money in any sort of huge familal affiars will let u see how fragile a relationship is.

-异客拍客-

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
浮克拍客
Stiff
达客拍客
麦克拍客(a.k.a MTF)
异客拍客(a.k.a GCube)


We indulge in
泡妞
玩妞
干妞
喝酒


We Love
台妹
辣妹
日本妹
小妹




Fuckers-of=ALL_Realms

We Love All Sorts of Excitement, Join US