FUKEPAIKE: Glaring, Horrendous Mistake in a Music Exam

Friday, May 30, 2008

Glaring, Horrendous Mistake in a Music Exam

I have got lots to write about my holiday job. But I just can't collect my thoughts well enough to churn out an article but I know I will be writing something maybe the next few days.

Anyway, I was taken aback by this glaring mistake made by a group I never expected.

This morning, a 24-man guitar ensemble came to take an exam equivalent to a diploma in performing music. They are from a junior college's guitar club and they are taking this Intermediate Recital exam.

Look at the programme notes handed in to the British music examiner.



I concealed the identity of the JC cos' it is quite embarrassing to make such a glaring mistake at the front cover of your programme notes. It should be "Intermediate RECITAL", not "RECITED". The programme notes are meant to be given to the examiner so he has an idea of the music that will be played.

Oh, did I mention that it is one of the top 3 JCs in Singapore? That is what's shocking...

How is it possible that such a mistake can be made? I mean, the teacher in charge would have read through the notes, the guitar teacher would have too, I know this must be the work of a student, I am sure he/she and maybe some other friends would have read it and spotted the mistake. But none realised what was wrong with the front cover.

I found this quite amusing and impossible. To take the Intermediate Recital, I think you need to pay more than $500. I am not too sure if they paid $500 as a whole or each student forked out $500... The programme notes constitute to 10% of the marks.

"Mr Wilkinson, did you spot the mistake?" I asked the examiner after the exam.

"Haha... Yes, on the front page." he replied.

"Oh, and they do have some spelling errors inside too." he added.

I am not too sure about the inside, but there is only one page with words, less than 400 words I suppose.

For the last joke, When the students arrived initially, I told the examiner "They are from one of the top junior colleges in Singapore."

I wish I hadn't said that.

-dakepaike-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard they scored a distinction... that means the playing part must be really good. surprise, surprise...

-dakepaike-

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
浮克拍客
Stiff
达客拍客
麦克拍客(a.k.a MTF)
异客拍客(a.k.a GCube)


We indulge in
泡妞
玩妞
干妞
喝酒


We Love
台妹
辣妹
日本妹
小妹




Fuckers-of=ALL_Realms

We Love All Sorts of Excitement, Join US