FUKEPAIKE: life lessons...

Sunday, June 22, 2008

life lessons...

iI was embroiled in a potential huge argument with my parents over a personal matter.

That made me ponder about such a thing called 'life lessons'. Sometimes i am just a little frustrated when they see me in a one dimensional way. They put me in a stereotype and force me into taking measures to reform myself so that i will come to no harm whatsoever.

My mum says 'justin, you know, you should do this and that, blah blah... It is for your own good. Don't be like who and who. They were like you before and because they did not follow what others tell them, they ended up very badly.'

well, they are taking the life lessons of others as a reminder of what i should be doing, and what i should not be doing.

'I am old enough and i have seen so much of this world. You should take my advice.' she said.

There is a chinese saying '不听老人言,吃亏在眼前'. Yes, she is trying to push this message into my head.

I know for sure she is doing this for the sake of my well being, but this is at the cost of my emotional well being. So many a times, i think the older generation tells us to do things without considering our emotions. If they think something so not good for us, we will be forced to discard or abandon things that we hold close to our hearts.

And they think it is easy to be done when it is actually not. I did not want to get into an argument by pointing out their flaws and question them to do what is good for them too. I might by struck by lightning! Haha...

So as young ones, we will always be the ones at fault, the inexperienced ones who will be hurt and cheated, the ones who will always make the wrong decisions and commits the same mistakes.

I think i have drifted away from what i want to convey in this post. Are lessons there meant to prevent us from committing the same mistakes? or are lessons meant for us to personally experience and hence not to make the mistakes again because we have felt the pain? How well can we learn by preventing mistakes vs committing the mistakes and learning from them? And who is to say that another person's story will be applicable to our own?

It has been a long time since i felt so vexed. I tried to play down the issue to no avail. I can just nod my head and say yes yes yes. Perhaps at the very end they will be right about their advice, but they may be wrong as well.

Even if i am prepared to go through the pain and learn from the mistakes, they will still try to pre empt me from going through it.

Sigh... I don't know what to say. Just hope that everything turns out well.

Dakepaike from mobile phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
浮克拍客
Stiff
达客拍客
麦克拍客(a.k.a MTF)
异客拍客(a.k.a GCube)


We indulge in
泡妞
玩妞
干妞
喝酒


We Love
台妹
辣妹
日本妹
小妹




Fuckers-of=ALL_Realms

We Love All Sorts of Excitement, Join US